How to find and buy local food:
Stores in the Milwaukee area & region that feature local foods
Beans and Barley
To find local sources of Food:
- Farm Fresh Atlas of Southeastern Wisconsin (farms, farmers markets)
- Local Harvest
- Savor Wisconsin
- Eat Wild (grass fed meats)
- Urban Ecology Center List of CSA Farms
find out about buying a share in a local farm's harvest
The Milwaukee County Winter Farmer's Market
Saturday mornings starting in Nov. The Domes
For some hard to find local foods:.
- Great River Organic Milling
Organic grains, flour and mixes
- Driftless Organics Sunflower Oil
You don’t have to be a member of the CSA to order their oil from their website -- local, unrefined sunflower oil, pressed from their organically grown sunflowers.
- Rolling Meadows Sorghum Mill
for sorghum flour. They are at the Milwaukee Co Winter Farmers Market from November through April
- Oly’s Oats – sells various formats of oats at farmers markets from his wife’s family mill, Lacrosse Milling Co.
He attends Oconomowoc, Brookfield, South Shore and Tosa Farmers’ Markets during summer/outdoor season;
Milwaukee County Winter Farmers’ Market from November through April
- River Valley Seed and Grain
River Valley Seed and Grain offers locally grown and processed organic grain products. Lonesome Stone Pancake Mix is a whole grain mix of all Iowa County grown wheat and rye; Lonesome Stone Organic Whole Wheat Flour - ground from Iowa County hard red winter wheat; Lonesome Stone Rye Flour - ground from Iowa County winter rye. Lonesome Stone Pancake mix available for purchase in 1 or 2 pound bags. All flour is available in 3 pound bags. River Valley Seed and Grain is headquartered out of Lone Rock, Wisconsin. Contact Gilbert at email@example.com or 608-574-6656.